The Best Tooth Implant for Replacement of Teeth Depends on Many Factors:
- The Tooth Being Replaced. Is it a front tooth implant or a molar tooth implant?
- Is one tooth being replaced or is the implant for implant dentures? Maybe a Full mouth of Implant Teeth such as All on 4 Dental Implant is being done by a Tooth Implant Dentist?
- Are there TMJ Issues and does the person clench or grind their teeth?
- Are the teeth tall or short? Big or Small?
- Are there metals in the mouth such as gold crowns, amalgam silver fillings, partial dentures?
- What kind of implant surgery is being done. Immediate implant placement on the same day as tooth removal. Implant surgery after a tooth has been missing for a significant period of time (3+months)
Can you get a Tooth Replaced?
Of Course with a Tooth Implant called a dental implant. The magic or invention of tooth replacement with teeth implants by Dr. Branemark was the surgical placement of a titanium root form into bone resulted in growth and attachment of jawbone around the titanium implant root. We also know Zirconia will also integrate into human jawbone as well.
What kind of teeth implants are available?
Zirconia Metal Free vs Titanium Tooth Implants
Internal vs External Connection Implants
Teeth implants basically come in two different kinds of materials. Metal-free Zirconia and Titanium. Implants also come in many different sizes and shapes. Implants technically mimic the replacement of tooth root. Implant teeth connect to implants by connecting to a part called an abutment. A major difference in teeth implants is that some connect to abutments in an area down and inside the implants whereas others connect on the outside and ontop of the implant. These two different kinds of implants are called “internal” and “external” respectively. Most implants today are “internal” because the design allows the implant dentist to more easily make implant teeth that look better because there is more room to create a beautiful implant tooth that emerges from further below the gum line. An internal implant also makes a smoother transition between abutment and implant.
One Piece Implants:
Some implant teeth are one piece implants where the implant directly makes the connection with the crown. In this case, the implant comes directly out of the bone and gum and into the mouth as one piece. In this case, it is necessary to drill the part sticking up into the mouth to customize its shape to facilitate a proper shape for fitting of an implant crown.
Glued Two Piece Implants:
Some implants require an abutment to be glued to the implant.
So What Kind of Implant is Best?
The Best dental implant is the tooth implant that will perform the best in the given situation. A highly qualified implant specialist is the best person to determine what implant is best in a specific situation. But generally:
- Glued abutments make getting ideal results much more difficult and is outdated and old-school. Modern day implants should not need glued abutments.
- one piece implants fail at too high of a rate and getting cosmetic results is too difficult and not predictable.
- internal connections lead to better results than external connection implants.
- Metal-free zirconia implants look better for front teeth implants or any tooth visible in the smile zone. Zirconia are the cosmetic implants.
- cases where people have small and short teeth are better done with titanium over zirconia implants
- cases where people grind their teeth are better treated with titanium implants
- people with allergies and who are sensitive are better off with metal free zirconia implants because they are more biocompatible.
- complex full mouth implant bridges such as All on 4 are better done with titanium implants.
- dentures with implants are better done with titanium implants
- front teeth implants should be longer and not as wide
- back teeth implants should be wider and not as long.
- implant length should closely mimic the approximate length of the surrounding natural teeth
- never buy a generic implant from a company like implant direct.
- always use implants from a financially stable company because if the company sell out or goes out of business, you may not be able to get replacement parts. The implant will be unserviceable and un useable.
All on 4 Video